Saturday, April 16, 2016

Catching Up

Hello everyone, I'm back!
I apologize for my disappearance. So, let's talk green card!
As you can imagine, everything went fine with my TEMPORARY GREEN CARD. I was able to fly to Brazil with my husband for the fist time in November 2011 to visit my family and it was great!
A couple of things... Now you will be entering the USA through the CITIZENS/PERMANENT RESIDENTS line, no more of that TOURIST BS and no more 5 hours waiting in line.
It's absolutely unbelievable the difference of treatment I receive wherever I go now. You will definitely enjoy it!
DO NOT FORGET, now you have to get all of your documents in check. If you already have them, you need to update and if not, you have to get them. Both locations I went for my DL and SS in Manhattan were: Drivers License ("License Express" @ 145W 30th St, New York NY (212) 645-5550) and Social Security (26 Federal Plz # 34, New York, NY (212) 264-4036).
Other than that, you will be pretty good for the next 2 years so, go get yourself a great job and don't forget to apply for your GREEN CARD. You MUST file a petition to REMOVE THE CONDITIONS OF RESIDENCE up to 90 DAYS before your GREEN CARD expires or you will lose it and there's NO WAY to get it back!

PS: On my next post I will explain the process for the Green Card Extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment