Monday, March 21, 2011

1st Things 1st

So, I've decided to start this blog after I realized how much work the Green Card process requires.
I wanna give the help I never had to all the Brides to be in the Tristate area.
I've been told "you can do it on your own", "lawyers only want your money", "it's not a big deal", "it's so easy, just fill out the paperwork and mail it", and many more... Well, it turns out, these people are OH SO WRONG!!! I DO NEED A LAWYER!!! It's so overwhelming, confusing and stressful that I'm working very hard to stay sane and that's because I have full support from my lawyer and my husband.
It's NOT just "fill in the blanks and mail it" it's way more than that.
I have been researching online and running around the city trying to get all my docs in order and then give them to my lawyer so he can start my process with immigration.
Enough about me, let's start. I had my 1st appointment with my lawyer (Which BTW has a 99.8% approval rate by Immigration and it's not as expensive as I expected) about a week ago. He asked me to get all the paperwork together and once we have it all, we should set up a second appointment so he would fill it all out with us and check if we have everything we need or if anything is missing. The paperwork for now pretty much consists in: bank statements (mine and my husband's), doctor's forms (vaccinations, blood test and check up), passport, DS2019, I-94, I-20 and whatever you and your husband have in common that are proof that you live together (health plan, costco card, joint accounts, utilities, rent...). After all that is done, we can go back to the lawyer's office (http://www.perezlawyers.com/) for the follow up.

2 comments:

  1. That is very nice!!! Me and my fiance are planing on getting married in the end of the year!!! I'll be defnetly following up on your blog...
    THANK YOU NYC GIRL!!!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I figured it would be great to try to give others the kind of help I didn't get! After long and stressful researches, I'm finally figuring out the right people to talk to. :)

    ReplyDelete