Monday, March 21, 2011

USCIS Doctor

I called every single Doctor's office in NYC and North Jersey that are in the Immigration website list. I researched every clinic and I also called the Immigration Hot Line (1800-375-5283). Be very careful when choosing your physician. Most of them only want your money, they charge outrageous fees and the consultation couldn't be simpler. If you have had any kind of illness in your childhood or if you got any kind of immunization in your country, have it mailed to you! It will help you A LOT, not mentioning it'll cut the cost of your MD in half.
I had my mother mail me my vaccination card from when I was a kid and I also asked her to get with a doctor a 'prescription' saying I had Chicken Pox (Varicella, Catapora) as a child. Even though I had the Vaccination card with me, I still had to take "Booster Shots" (apparently, you have to re-take the shots every 10 years; I DID NOT KNOW THAT!)
Anyway, the consultation costs $150 (Dr. Girish Patel - Ronak Medical Care -765 Amsterdam Av., New York, NY) they wanted to charge me an additional $200 for the vaccines but I've been living in NYC long enough and I know better than that. I told them I would take the vaccines at the NYC Health Clinic (303 W 9th Ave. Corner with 28th St.) because they don't charge for any immunization there, the secretary said it was fine as long as I show them my vaccination card with they "Booster Shots" when I go back to get my results and paperwork in 4 days.
NO problems there, I left the office (Train 2 both ways from Penn Station is express and takes less than 10 minutes. Get off at 96th St. for the Doctor's office) after taking the blood tests and the check up and went straight to the clinic in Chelsea where it took them less than 15 minutes to give me the shots, sign my card and let me know I need to go back in 28 days to get the 2nd dose of one of the vaccines. Which means I just saved $200 (It might sounds cheap but you'll understand if you are a former Au Pair! lol).
PS: The staff at the Doctor's office was super nice and they won't try to give you something you don't need just to take your money. They were very professional and didn't have any problems with the fact that I wanted to go to the City Clinic for the Vaccines. It's all for now MD wise, I'll be back with the results next week :)

5 comments:

  1. Each USCIS Service Center location accepts and processes certain USCIS forms and immigration cases. For example, the Nebraska Service Center generally processes the N-400 form application for people who are applying for U.S. citizenship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I'm also a 28-year-old newly wed!! And I'm just starting all the paperwork for my Green Card application. Great finding your blog!! All the best luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! I was overwhelmed by the list of civil surgeons. I just made an appointment with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To help underscore exactly how imperative sleep is to ladies' wellbeing, here are the absolute most recent researches by sleep center lanham md that exhibit why you have to give careful consideration to the rest amount that you get as what you consume and the extent to which you work out. Contact us at: http://www.topimmigrationdoctor.com/contact-us.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I was able to help you guys through my blog! I didn't have anyone to help me and this process is too complicated and long to do it on our own! Please give us some updates on your experiences! xoxo

    ReplyDelete